To get the cap off that water, soda, wine, or champagne bottle without looking stupid:
Do your friends give you advice, like this?
To get a tight cap off a bottle of soda, water, wine, etc., run the cap under hot water.
This doesn’t work if, for safety, your water heater doesn’t heat water to a high enough temperature.
Buy a jar lid gripper (non-slip rubber pad), or use a dish towel or rubber glove.
It doesn’t work if the bottle is wet with the hot water you tried first. For some people, it never works.
Firmly hold the bottle in your hand and hit the cap against a hard surface.
Sure, if you like soda with no bubbles in it. Bleahh! Brute force methods destroy carbonation.
Tap the lid with a spoon.
This never worked for me.
Get a friend to help you.
Every day? Suppose your friend is sleeping. Suppose your friend is away on vacation. Suppose you just don’t like constantly depending on someone else.
How To Open A Tight Soda Bottle:
- Get out your grip pad, if you need one.
- Adopt a firm stance.
- Wrap the pad around the bottle’s cap and grasp them both.
- Engage your imagination and your past experience. Think of someone you are absolutely furious with.
- Wait a moment. Allow your anger to build slowly.
- Slam that cap off that bottle. firstname.lastname@example.org